Thursday 2 February 2012

A slight delay

My little ones have enjoyed the rain, but its meant a few delays.

I’m getting so excited about designing the interior of this home. Chomping at the bit now, especially after all this rain. Ideas are starting to come to me easier with a bit more experience behind me now. Other Half and I have been through two reno’s together. One of them was an old unit in a great spot, that I had signed a contract on the day we met. Who knew he was so darn handy?! Needless to say our relationship bonded fast with that little project to accelerate getting to know each other, warts n all. A bit of an initiation by fire for both of us.  
It would be nice to have unlimited funds to play with to do the mudhouse, but as it happens, it'll be tight. I do like the challenge of doing things with style as well as thrift though.  And I think clever approaches to space is as important as heaps of funds. I’m big on recycling and love to collect vintage bits, which I’ll finally have places for soon (yay).  I’d like to make this home contemporary, but not to clash with the bones of the house, (is colonial reproduction) and above all, functional.  A bit of retro and a lot of through will tie the it all together nicely.

And blogs – what an inspiration!  I just stumbled on this lovely one, with a pic of a gorgeous butlers pantry.   http://www.blog.dodelinedesign.com/window-seat/

Our butlers pantry is in, (the walls anyway...) it doesn't look quite like this yet.
  
And realised how much I'd love a window seat in the master bedroom. There's a perfect place for it overlooking the river. I hope its big enough!

What a gorgeous space.  Photo: www.visualphotos.com  
I'll be packing like a demon over the next two days.  Was hoping to be over at the mud house and set up before everything else had to be boxed, but alas, with the hold ups, we're still waiting to pour concrete.   Bless kindy/daycare!  xc

No comments: