Friday 27 January 2012

Universe Providing?

I think the universe has a quirky sense of humour.  The other day the most unusual incarnation of such a phenomenon occurred when Beloved Other Half was driving over to The Mud House, and discovered a couple of items outside a nearby property displaying a sign reading "Please take".  The items were two brand new, very contemporary, Italian made, white ceramic toilets (brand new meaning never used, I'm guessing a case of retail/auction regret.)  They are somewhat unusual toilets... and I wasn't entirely sure I liked them at first, but I think they may be just about exactly what we need, and certainly fairly expensive originally.  In the ensuite we knew the toilet was going in a fairly tight space, and one of these freebies has an ideal slim column cistern.    Both are a single piece, and are the ideal 'trap' etc for the spaces.  go figure!


I wasn't so sure at first.. but am going for fairly contemporary aesthetic, so it should work.

The other is slightly square in the seat, which made me look twice, but I think I'll get used to that too.  I only wish I had bought the boxy shaped bath now; I decided against it because we had one in the last project, and it wasn't so comfortable...but really, it wouldn't have bothered the kids. Not to worry, I think we'll use both of them as needing to find areas to cut back so, voila.  Now I will look in earnest for a vanity that harmonises well with the odd shape seat!

Hmm, who am I to argue with the universe?

So, tell me if you think they're hideous!  G'arn, I can take it!  :)

I think my main hesitation came with the realisation that every time a visitor comments on the toilet(s), which they probably will, they will get the story about how we installed two toilets we found lying on the side of the road!  ("They'd never been  used, honest!")   Perhaps we'll have to go and introduce ourselves to the people who gave them away; with a gift.  Then we can say that some friends down the road gave them to us!  much better. xc

No comments: